It is officially the end of my first semester on exchange in Dublin. I cannot believe how fast it has all gone! I feel like I only arrived yesterday and I leave Dublin tomorrow to do some hardcore traveling for 3 and a half months.
I finally bothered packing today and managed to fit all my things into 2 boxes! That really excited me because I didn't think my whole life would fit into 2 boxes, but alas it does! Makes me feel insignificant in some way.
Leading up to today was very sad indeed; watching everyone leave and saying goodbye, even though I will be traveling with most of them before they actually leave to return home. Goodbyes are always hard and always sad.
I've been doing alot of thinking lately about my time over here and why I came in the first place and what I was expecting out of it. I came over here to change the constants in my life, to get out of my comfort zone and to see the world. I really thought it would be life changing; that I would have some epiphany of sorts and come back a totally different person. So far, I don't feel that any of this has really happened. Not sure if it's me getting in the way of it, or maybe I came over here expecting too much, or perhaps that it takes longer than 6 months. Whatever it is, I don't feel I have found what I came looking for just yet. Definitely does not mean I haven't enjoyed myself thus far. Perhaps during my summer travels or next semester.
Well I leave tomorrow for the first stop of my europarty - Istanbul, Turkey. I am so excited for my summer adventures! Ready or not, here I come!
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment