Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Overwhelmed

Uni started yesterday. It is also known as Black Monday, where everyone goes to uni but not to go to classes, but to the Student bar and to get pissed drunk. However, being the nerd I am, I actually went to both my classes. Man it was overwhelming! I thought the first class would be an introductory thing where they walk you through the course and let you know what you have to read etc etc. Nope! It was bam! Law law Irish law! Learn itttttt!!!! I was ready to pass out by 1pm.

Then a group of us planned to go out to the city to celebrate Black Monday, but we were at Temple Bar at 9.30, which is wayyy too early for anything to be really happening. It was so quiet in the city, and we pretty much had the bar to ourselves. Needless to say, we all had a few drinks, a few giggles, and some really bad Chinese food (but the place had surprisingly nice fries!) and we took the bus home. A certain person in the group wasn't feeling too well on the way home, but we all made it home safe and sound. Someone then came up with the idea of having a dance party in the common room, but somehow we wound up watching tv and I fell asleep (as per usual). All in all, my Black Monday was a fail whale, but I guess I have next semester's to make up for it.

Today, I had no class but got up anyway because I needed to run a few errands and managed to sign up with the unigym. Yay! Hopefully I will use this membership and counteract all the drinking and all the crap eating that goes along with that. Somehow, I think it won't happen, but who knows! Prepare for the worst but hope for the best! =)

I decided to do some laundry today, so I separated all my colours from my whites and dumped the 2 piles into 2 separate washing machines. I paid the machine, started the cycle and felt so good about myself. I was watching through the window of the colour pile, and noticed that my yellow towel had black stripes running through it. Not remembering buying a tiger-themed towel, I took a closer look and noticed my new black jeans dripping black-coloured water. *Sighduck* It was the point of no return. So I just let it be. My washing should be just about done now, so I shall see the new and improved look of my towels =)

A very mundane 2 days, as you can see.

xx

1 comment: