- Textbooks are not necessary to get through uni in Ireland; in fact, you will be laughed at for asking where the bookshop is.
- It is not necessary to do any prep work for class because you will go through the reading in class as a whole group. Again, was laughed at for asking about a reading list.
- Class structure does not exist. The lecturers just babble about whatever.
- Do not walk over sleets of ice on the ground, because you will fall and hurt yourself, and most probably embarrass yourself.
That last one I learnt the hard way. Basically, I walked out of the lecture theatre with Vanessa to use the bathroom. I did not notice the sleet of ice so I stepped and slipped, but luckily caught myself. We made it to the bathroom and back to the lecture theatre. During the break we then had to go toilet again, and so we exited the lecture theatre. I was feeling really content as I kinda enjoyed what was being taught in class, and I was eating my delicious banana when I felt my feet being taken out from under me. My arms and legs were flailing everywhere as I tried to regain my balance, my banana was tossed into the air! I finally came to a standstill when I hit the pavement, landing on my right elbow and hip, followed by my banana plopping nicely next to me. I rolled around in agony, clutching at my elbow and cursing into the wind. As I looked up, I saw a bunch of people in the cafeteria just staring at me with shock. I was in so much pain I couldn't get up immediately so the people just continued to stare at me whilst I rolled around on the floor. Then I felt I had been on the floor for long enough and it was getting too awkward with all the people watching me, so I picked myself up and had to walk on as if nothing happened. That is when Vanessa bends down, picks up my banana and says "Did you still want this?" Haha! Needless to say, I declined. Then to make matters worse, to get to the toilet I had to go through the cafeteria where I was met with judging eyes. Oh the shame!
All in all, I managed to walk away in one piece. Can't say the same for my dignity.
I feel like this will become a regular segment of mine. Ireland has much to teach me.
I feel like this will become a regular segment of mine. Ireland has much to teach me.
xx
Poor little klutzenburgerstein! :(
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA u idiot! what did i say about being less clumsy whilst in Ireland????
ReplyDelete