Sunday, February 20, 2011

My my time flies!

I cannot believe that it is nearly the end of February (ie 2 months since I've been in Ireland) It's going by so quick! Which makes me feel bad, because on some days I find myself wishing the days away so I can get back to all that is familiar. That makes me feel bad because then I feel I'm wasting this awesome experience. It's really hard sometimes to balance these feelings out, but thankfully they are few and far in between.

So uni is actually getting a bit more serious now since I have essays that I have due soon enough, and I had an 8 minute presentation I had to do in class. Shit's getting serious!

Well Valentines Day was a messy, messy event. It was also Maddie's birthday so of course I went hard out. It didn't end very pretty. Basically, this is how I would sum up my night: "less talking, more drinking", pushing and shoving creepy guys, some vomit and a 140 euro cab ride. Very messy indeed, but nonetheless a memorable night for everyone else but me =)

So basically this whole week, because of Valentines Day and because I've come down with a cold, I haven't been out much at all and just staying in, watching Disney movies with the girls and sleeping early. Haha real boring! Last night however, Vanessa, Ciara, Sam, Anthony, Marine and her friends, and I went to watch the UCD DramSoc's performance of Beauty and the Beast. Maddie and Tony had gone to see it earlier in the week and didn't really give it a good review, so I was a bit apprehensive. But it turned out to be such a good performance! For a uni theatre production, I thought it was very professional and very well done! The costumes were brilliant, and the singing was fantastic! Very impressed! And for 15 quid, I thought that was the best part! Such a bargain! I hope the DramSoc put on something else, because I would definitely love to see them again!

Also this week, Anthony, Josh and I managed to get together the final details of our springbreak trip to Copenhagen, Istanbul and Budapest! Yiewww! We've booked flights and hostels and so I'm just waiting for the day to arrive and jetset!

That's all for now!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Brother that is hilarity haha - the very messy occassion. You show em creepy guys those guns mate ahaha. Staunch em. And get well soon =)

    ReplyDelete