Monday, February 7, 2011

Another update!

Haven't updated this in a while! I guess nothing that exciting has happened since the last blog. Just more drinking and more partying. A usual week. But we did celebrate Australia Day @ The Woolshed. It was all fun and games until there was a wet t-shirt contest. Girls just started stripping and all of them eventually ended up topless. What made it even more seedy was the fact that there were TVs everywhere in the bar so everyone could see what was going on. Apparently the prize was 300 euros, which is alot of money over here, but not enough for one's dignity. All in all, a very good night as I remember teleporting alot.

Just last weekend I went on an ESN trip to Cork with Vanessa, Sego and Marine. For the whole weekend I was feeling a little down, and homesick, and actually sick so I was very lethargic and wishing I actually wasn't there. But I forced myself to go out and be with people, and actually had alot of fun in the end. Friday night we went on a pub crawl, and went to 4 different pubs. They were all quite interesting and different from one another. The only shitty part was the fact we'd get into a pub and then 5 minutes later someone would say "We're leaving for the next pub!" and I would be like "But I has a whole pint of beer left...?" And one of the pubs played crazy scary dungeon music =\. The last pub we went to had an interesting mix of crowd. There were us youngins and then there were senior citizens, all partying together.

Saturday we explored the city on our own. We walked for aeons! Omg. We spent the whole day walking around! But we visited the Crawford Art Gallery which was really good. I normally don't really appreciate art, but I thought the pieces were very moving and very good. And then we walked forever to the Cork City Gaol and then UCC and then back to the hostel. We left the hostel at 10.30am. We didn't get back until 5pm. Sego and I then took a nanna nap until 6, got up, had dinner and then pre-gamed before clubbing. I learnt a new drinking game (which seems to happen regularly) called Pyramid. Good times. The club we went to was really good! Music was good and the venue was awesome! The only down side was that it closed at 2am?! Wtf?

Then Sunday we went to the Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone. And I did it! Though it took forever to walk to the top of the castle. Why does everything good have to be at the top of something really really high?! I immediately sanitised my lips after kissing the stone, considering 489573945485 have kissed it before me. Also, there was a mad poison garden where they had all these poisonous plants about, and a big sign that said "Do not touch, eat or smell these plants!" Some dumb kid will probably fall into the garden. Haha!

All in all, a good weekend. Will I go on another ESN trip? Probably not. Going out with 200 people not exactly my thing.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment