Wednesday, October 26, 2011

9.

Wow it has been ages since I last updated! I am very terrible at updating this blog and just keeping up to date with things in general.

So much has happened since I last blogged. I obviously finished my summer euro trip - twas amazing! I even managed to travel by myself for a few weeks, which definitely was a challenge, but I am proud that I made it through unscathed, and it definitely was fun and rewarding.

As the title may suggest, I have only 9 weeks left. I cannot believe how fast this year has flown! At first when I came back from my summer travels I wasn't ready to go home, but now a few weeks into semester I really cannot wait to go home! I think 6 months is too short, but 1 year might be a bit too long. I think a happy medium of 9 months would be a good time away from home. I can't help but count down the time until I get home, but at the same time I feel bad for doing so and feel I should enjoy the rest of my stay here.

For some reason this semester I have so much work to do! Definitely not as cruisy as last semester. It's probably the subjects I picked, as they all seem to have essays and so I have at least 1 essay to do each week. It really sucks. I should be doing one now but I just couldn't do anymore. I think I'll leave it for tomorrow.

So Halloween is coming up this weekend. I am not really that excited about it. But it's a quite a big thing over here. I'm feeling really anti-social as of late, and I'm not sure why. I really miss the old muck group, I just feel I haven't really connected with anyone here in the new group. It is probably my fault that that has happened and that I feel this way. I have just lost all motivation for socialising.

Dublin is starting to get all cold and miserable. On Monday there were flash floods and the whole city virtually became a river. It was soooo freaky! Not to mention a rude shock as I had been in Lisbon all weekend where it was 25 degrees and sunny. It definitely made it sad to come back to rainy cold Dublin haha! But Lisbon was amazing! Oh I fell in love with the city! Definitely a country I want to come back to and explore more. I really don't understand why it isn't on the top of the list of places to see in Europe. It is absolutely gorgeous! I also got absolutely wasted one night which is always fun hahaha! I think there will just be this moment in my life where I will never fully know what happened.

So next weekend I have tickets to see a Man U game! I am sooo excited! I've always wanted to watch a football match live because the atmosphere is just nuts! And now my dream will come true! Definitely something the bf will be jealous about! =P

Anyways off to bed for me! Bedtime has become a very exciting time because I've started reading the Game of Thrones series haha! I am such a nerd. But it's such a good series! Just started the 2nd book on the Kindle (courtesy of the boyf!). Defs a brill gift!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I think a 6 month exchange was too short, I have some regrets I didn't go for longer even though it wasn't really possible. Sucks to hear about those essays and glad you enjoyed Lisbon too. I really really loved Portugal. If it wasn't for the fact I don't speak Portuguese (...yet) I'd live there in a heartbeat. Hope you went on a pubcrawl up one of the many windy hills and tried the culinary delights!! Sounds like there is more to this wasted story than you are letting on ;). Enjoy the remaining 9 weeks while you can. While you can always go back to Europe, there is no time like the present xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man Olivia! I really want to start reading Game of Thrones. Also I totes invested in a Kindle and it's been the best purchase of my life. I can now read as much Sherlock Holmes as I like any time! :D

    ReplyDelete